If you own a property and want to make sure that you are able to enhance it, while also benefiting your health, one of the best things that you can do is get a water well installed. Taking advantage of this will allow you to get fresh and clean drinking water on demand while also creating a unique feature in your yard. Use this guide to help you decide if having a well installed on your property is right for you.
Is it really worth it to get a well on my property?
When you get a well installed, you'll be able to take advantage of plenty of benefits that you'll enjoy. Consider some of the following benefits that you'll get by having a well installed on your property:
- People who drink well water say that it is a lot tastier than regular drinking water.
- You're protecting the environment by avoiding a filtration process that is more wasteful and harmful to the planet.
- Not only will you get savings through tax breaks, you will also save money by not having to purchase bottled water anymore.
- It increases resell value on your property and can be a drawing point for potential buyers.
How can I take care of my well?
Before thinking about buying a well, you should make sure that you are aware of and up for the maintenance. Consider some of the following ways that you will be able to take care of your well:
- Never handle heavy maintenance on your own. Instead, call in a certified and licensed well contractor.
- Avoid using harmful chemicals and fertilizers in your lawn close to the well.
- Keep the area around your well manicured and free of tall grass, leaves, packed snow and debris.
- Get an inspection from a licensed contractor every year.
How much money does it cost to get a well installed?
Installing a well can be pricey, which is why you need to reach out to professionals who can give you a great deal that works for your budget. Drilling the hole for the well can cost between $1,500 and $12,000, depending on whether you get a 100 foot well or a 400 foot well. Installing the water system can cost between $2,000 and $8,000, depending on what type of system you purchase.
Take advantage of this information, so that you are able to get the well that you'd like for your property. When you're ready to learn more, contact a professional like those at Field Drilling Contractors Ltd.Share